Friday, January 29, 2010

Art Show

A couple of weeks ago I had an art show for kids from the Boys and Girls club. It was pretty awesome. We hung the art at a local coffee show called Four Cups. Its just down the street from the club and the kids all walked over for a little opening reception. The reception was so much fun. The kids all went around and pointed out their art. They were so proud, and I was too. I think it was one of the best nights of my life, honestly. Some friends from Huntington judged the show, and the kids who won are going to be entered into a regional show. The art hung at Four Cups for about a week, and now I am hanging it up in my art room at the club. Here is a photo of one of my Artastic kids proudly pointing at his work.


I have a lot more photos from the show that I hope to post sometime.

2 comments:

Cevin Thornbrugh said...

You did a great job organizing the art show!! You have done great with these artastic kids!

Breadwig said...

I was super impressed, with the art, the kids, and the show!