Monday, February 22, 2010

Nesting dolls, comics and tents.

Here are a few things I am working on tonight...

In my design class we have been making 3D nesting dolls. Mine were supposed to be a Royal Walrus family. Here is the dad/king walrus sitting on a shelf at my house. It was actually an accident to make him shiny like that, but I thought it looked pretty cool so Cevin helped me composite it in a photo. He has a wife/queen and son/prince that I am still working on.


This is a comic that I did tonight, last minute as usual, for the school paper. Its funny because they are animals, am I right? Get it?? (I'm not very good at comics...)


And this is actually something I worked on last night, but it counts. The Boys and Girls club here is doing a tent drive for Haiti! (Check out www.ahomeinhaiti.org) It's so exciting. I hope the kids get really into it. Cadets, Juniors and Teens are the 3 age groups at the club and they are competing to see who can pay for the most tents. The group that wins gets a "super late night" at the club. Pretty cool, right?



So that's mostly everything that is going on with me at the moment. Cevin and I are still plodding along with our senior project. We've actually made some exciting progress lately, and I will try to put pics up soon. Also, I am working with some kids at the B&G club to make a little claymation film and we are shooting that this week, so I will let you know how that goes.

Oh! And I bought my very own website! Check out www.colleenthornbrugh.com! There's not much to see yet, but it's mine! Soon my blog will move over there...but don't you worry...I promise to keep you updated.

Very sincerely,
Colleen

1 comment:

Bortil said...

You know you got all your artistic talent from me...since Mom still has hers :)