Friday, March 19, 2010

Monster Cowboys

Our latest assignment in my Inspirational Design was to design a parody of an old monster movie poster. We were each given our own poster and we had to change the name of the movie, replacing at least one word in the title. This was mine...


I decided that it might be funny to do "Destroy all Cowboys" and that it might be fun to come up with monster versions of old famous cowboy names to put on the bottom of the poster. Here are some sketches of cowboy zombies...

And this is the final poster. Honestly, I like the sketches above a little bit better...but I don't think it turned out too badly. I might have worked on it a little bit more to feel satisfied, but we were supposed to turn it in today for an online contest. So this is it, at least for now...

What do you think?

5 comments:

Cevin Thornbrugh said...

I love this poster colleen!! Ht e textures look great, and the subtle sunburst behind them was a cool touch. I think it's funny that they don't have any arms. lol

Breadwig said...

awesome drawings, designs and texturing. I am terrified.

Jimi Bonogofsky said...

Cevin... you stole my comment! I was just about to write "I love the subtle sunburst! I just noticed it!" but you stole my words. How dare you.

Colleen... I love your characters. I think the guy on the left is so very happy about something. I want to know what he's happy about.

Pop said...

I think the second guy from the left looks like Cameron.

Kelli said...

I want to be you when I grow up.

I think we've switched roles.